Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Battered fish

Hi all!

I haven't been in the cooking mood for a while now. With the heat that is the Australian Spring and Summer, I find it draining and by the end of the day I'm not bothered to move let alone cook.

However the other day I had a craving for fish and chips so managed to try something else with my frozen Basa fish fillets.


Who doesn't love a good battered fish?! I love thick crispy batter and this recipe is just perfect! But remember that this is a sometimes recipe the oil and the deep frying is tres artery clogging ;-p

Ingredients

1 cup self raising flour and extra flour for dusting
1 cup cold water
1-2 tsp baking powder
Corn oil for cooking
pinch of salt

Depending on how thick you want the batter to be add more or less water. Whisk it around until all the lumps are gone and the mixture is smooth.

Method

*If using frozen fish make sure that the fish is fully defrosted before cooking.*
-Heat oil in a large wok or a deep frying pan
-Dust each fish on the both sides with the flour.
-Place the fish one by one into the batter
-When taking the fish out of the batter remove excess batter by scraping the fish on the sides of the bowl.
-Gently slide fish into the oil
-Cook until golden

Serve with chips of your choice and a wedge of lemon. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!