Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

Herbs Crusted Fish

Hi all!

For quite sometime now I've come to realise I cannot cook seafood. SHOCK, HORROR, GASP!

With this terrible realization I had to find a way to nail cooking seafood. For those who know know me well, they'll know I could do without chicken or meat, give me prawns (shrimp), octopus, calamari, fish, muscles and all the other glorious things you find under the sea!

For starters I thought I'd experiment with some frozen fish that I get from my local Aldi store. This way if things don't turn out well, at least I didn't pay too much for ruined fish.


Here is one of my best tries at fish. It is a herb crusted fish and it tasted AMAZBALLS!
And the best part it was so simple, its ridiculous.

Ingredients:

Basa fillet skinned and boned
1-2 cup of flour (I used wholmeal)
2-4 tablespoons of mixed herbs
Salt
Pepper
Oil

Firstly defrost the amount of fish you want to cook (skip this step if using freshly bought fish). Using a paper towel dry the fish so the flour doesn't go pasty.
On a large flat plate mix the flour, herbs, salt and pepper together onto the plate. Place each fish onto this flour mixture coat the fish generously.
Heat up a large fry pan with some oil (as much as you like ;-p) and gently place each fish into the oil. Cook on both sides for 5 mins.
Serve with salad or rice.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!