Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Birthday Week!

Hello one and all!

This week has been craz-ay! It was my birthday on Tuesday and I celebrated it with le famille!

A lot of people don't know this but I am actually part Filipino part Palestinian. Wild mix I know! So this why my little shin-dig was a mix of Filipino and Arab.



The first dish is the national dish of the Philippines 'Pansit'. It is noodles with chicken, carrot, beans, shallots and sweet peas. This is one of my favs and is always on the table at special occasions.

The second is sweet. This is called 'Kanafeh'. This is a real delight if made well. The original is much more orange in colour and a lot thinner.

File:Künefe.jpg

With kanafeh there are 2 main types. The first image is called 'na'meh' which translate to soft/smooth, the second is 'khishneh' which is rough. Both are filled with a special cheese called Nabulsi cheese which sadly you can't get in Australia. BUT never fear for those who want to give this baby a go there are alternatives such as, haloumi cheese, mozzarella and a'kaway. You could use a mixture of all three to give it extra taste.

Then of course we had the good old chocolate cake that I made last minute as my brother doesn't eat traditional Arabic sweets.


So there it is! Dishes of the week! I'll post up a recipe for one of them tomorrow. If there are any requests don't be shy to send them my way!

Birthday hugs!

"The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday". -Paris Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!