Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Home invaders and cooking thieves

Heyho!

This week has been uber busy. I'm coming to the end of my study period which means FINALS! I'm not through the woods just yet but I couldn't resist putting up a new post for you all.

This week I went to a new home improvement centre on the Hume Highway called Masters, I'd say this is a more fancy type of Bunnings Warehouse.

I was on the hunt for some home decor and plants for my balcony. At Masters I found that they had a lot more variety when it comes to the garden than Bunnings which was a pleasant surprise. 

They're home decor was absolutely gorgeous and the prices were very affordable. I didn't pick up anything this week as I am still not sure in which direction I want to go in regards to changing up my home decor. But Masters is definitely the place to go when it comes to chic and cheap(ish) home decor.

They have a lot more updated/modern products than that of Bunnings. The coolest thing they have are these:


Aren't they so cool?! There's plenty space and can fit 2 kids in the drivers part of the trolley. But I will admit they are GINORMOUS and hard to steer. But who cares! As long as the littlies are quite and happy nothing else in the word matters, right?!

This week I've also been anti-cooking which meant a lot of charcoal chicken, Thai and Sara Lee.
I was at Franklins the other day and saw that Sara Lee had a new line of frozen desserts. I'm not one to often purchase frozen goods as I'd much rather eat and buy 'fresh'. But seeing as I wasn't going to have a lazy week I thought, why not?


Yep! Good ol' apple crumble. My husband would kill for apple crumble so I knew that I had to bring this one home. The crumble on the top is always the best bit. Although I'd say the apples and the apple sauce on the inside were more on the sweet side but it was still delish!

I served the apple crumble with some Sara Lee french Vanilla ice-cream.


I'm sorry Sara Lee but this ice cream is terrible. The vanilla flavouring is very artificial and overpowering. I would not recommend anyone to buy this. Which makes me a bit hesitant to try the other flavours they have.

I hope this post was informative, stay tuned for my favourite products of the week and recipe of the week...

Big hugs!

"Home is the place where, when you go there, they have to take you in"- Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!