Pages

Friday 2 November 2012

Get Stuffed Friday!

It started with...

And ended with...

And this...

I haven't eaten this much for months!

Today's feast consisted of an Arab dish called "Fatet Lahmeh". There isn't a western equivalent that I know of. The dish has 3 main components: Meat, rice and fried Lebanese/Arabic bread.

Desert was made by my dear husband. In Arabic these are called "Ghraybeh" or in English Butter biscuits. They're not quite like short-bread but it come close. Some people like them with Pistachios on the top but I prefer them without as I'm not much of a nut person.

Lastly which just pushed it over board was mango and vanilla ice-cream. I can't tell you all enough how much I LOVE mango Weis Bars! So when I can't get to the shops and have me some Weis, this is the closest thing I have. Mangoes are certainly coming back into season which excites my taste buds to bits!

In tomorrows post I'll put up the recipes for both the "Fatet Lahmeh" and Arabic butter bikkies!

Hope you've all had a great week!

Fat Hugs!

“The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.” 
― Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!