Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

Totally Baked

Saturday upload fail OOPS! But I promise today I'm making up for it!






Tah-Daaaaaah! So here we have butter cake with fondant and stencil work..
I've been into baking for a very long time but it's only since last year where I really got into the whole idea of fondant and properly decorating the cakes I make. I used mini stencils, these to be exact:


I also used a stencil to create the quilted effect and another to create the floral print


I was given these as gifts so unfortunately I can't tell you how much each item costs.

For the fondant I had some left over Satin Ice from a wedding cake a made at the start of the year. That was $39.99 from a shop here in Sydney called Glasshouse Cakes and Supplies in Revesby 
or visit their website, they've got a lot of really cool stuff for cake decorating and they make cakes too!
http://www.glasshousecakes.com.au/

I hope you all like this blog post. I'll be posting another 2 today, because I'm doing a weekly stash blog on all the things I bought this week and loved. I'll also be posting up the recipes of the week! Stay tuned, don't go away, i'll be right back after this short break!

Sweet hugs!

"Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me."- Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!