Pages

Saturday 8 December 2012

Weekly review

Hi there!

Today I've chosen to combine my weekly review and my daily face/makeup routine.

Daily routine

As I age I'm finding that I need to use more products to get the job done from cleaning my make up to choosing a good foundation. I have tried Estee lauder products before and have found that they broke me out terribly, but that was before I had my son. Now through trial and error I've found a good combination of Estee Lauder products that I don't absolutely love but it does the trick. I am however still on the hunt for the perfect cleansing line that will clear up my face and won't break me out.

On the other hand I LOVE Estee Lauder makeup. I have a sample palettle that came with a purchase my aunty made not long ago that has the most beautiful mix of eye shadows and blush.


Apologies for the lighting it doesn't give it justice. The colours are so rich and intense, once i run out I'll definately will be purchasing them again. There colours are starting from the top left:

10-Ivory Slipper (Satin), 47-Nude Fresco (Satin)
44- Safari Green (broken) (Shimmer), 35- Hot Cinnamon (Shimmer)
11- Nude Rose (Estee Lauder Signature blush)
60- Sugar Biscuit (Satin), 04- Wild Sable (Matte)
38- Chocolate Bliss (Matte), 45- Lavish Mink

These shadows are 'Pure color' eye-shadows.
Since these colours are so neutral you can create day and night looks with them by keeping it soft and light during the day using the top two colours on the right, then transform the look to a sexy smoky eye by adding the bottom two on the right on your outer 'V'.

As for foundation, in the summer months I don't usually like to use liquid foundations as it can melt off my face even though I use a setting spray.

I use MAC studio fix poweder foundation in NC30. It gives good coverage and i am able to re-apply it throughout the day if I feel I need it.

Mascara is the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting mascara. I think its quite good. My lashes are separated and look a lot longer.

I am not a great user of lipstick even in the winter time, I tend to drift towards lip stains throughout the year. My summer favourite is Lancome Juicy Tubes which provide plenty shine and a hint of colour to the lips.

There are only a few of these items i'd repurchase such as the Estee Lauder Perfectly clean cleanser, Mascara and the eye-shadows. Other than than I will try other face products to find the perfect match for me.

Hope this post of helpful! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!