Pages

Saturday 29 December 2012

Red hot steak

I sometimes feel as though a lot of the food that I put together isn't worth me uploading and are a bit embarrassingly simple. But if the title hasn't been taken yet, I'd like to dub myself the lazy home cook.

If there is an easy way out, I'm there, right at the front!

As most of you have realised I am still catering for the slow carb diet. But as I've mentioned before, a side of rice, pasta, or bread can be added to any of my dishes to cater to those lucky enough to be eating them :-D

Steak has been big in our diet since starting the slow carb regime. I don't think I've eaten this much steak in my life...not complaining, as there is so many things you can do with steak.

This recipe calls for 5 ingredients:

Steak (any cut and size)
2-4 tbs Tomato paste
A few dashes of Tabasco
2-3 tbsp Soy sauce
A good dash of garlic powder

Method:

1) Heat a big fry pan with oil, butter or ghee ( all are optional)
2) Rub each side of the steak with garlic powder and tomato paste
3) place into the fry pan and add soy sauce
4) Keep turning the steak until there is even caramelisation on either side of the steak.
5) Take off from the heat and allow to stand for 5-10 mins.

If you wanted to add the veggies just add them to the pan with all the steak juices and sauce add some Tabasco sauce and you've got yourself one hot steak with veg!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!