Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Spiced roast chicken

Hello all and welcome to my recipe-athon! I hope to overwhelm you all with tantalising creations from savoury to sweet!

Today's recipe is my own. I actually put it together on the spot as there was no time for me to sit and think and look for inspiration. So I quickly put a few things together with what I had in my pantry.

Let us begin!

Ingredients:

2kg chicken
3 bay leaves
6 bruised garlic cloves
6 sliced or roughly chopped garlic (extra)
1/3 cup sweet paprika
1/3 chicken spice (any kind)
2 heads broccoli
50 g melted butter
1 cup olive oil
1 cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

Method:

1) Pre heat oven to 190 C ((fan force) add 20 C if using gas oven)
2) Cut broccoli into to florets and place into baking pan
3) Wash and dry chicken. Cut off tail and any extra fat around the cavity.
4) Rub some salt into the cavity
5) Stuff the chicken with bay leaves and 6 bruised garlics
6) Rub salt and pepper onto both sides of chicken
7) Rub the sweet paprika onto both sides of the chicken, making sure to coat between the legs and wings
8) Rub chicken spice onto the chicken on top of the sweet paprika.
9) Place chicken on top of the broccoli and sprinkle sliced or chopped garlic on top of the chicken (breasts are always facing up)
10) Brush melted butter all over the chicken
11) Cook chicken on high for the first 30 mins then turn in down to about 150-140 for an hour after that.
12) throughout the roasting time when we see the chicken become dry baste the chicken with olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture. It may seem like a lot, however you may find that you won't need it all.

In my rush and starvation I forgot to take a picture of the end product, but here is what it looked like before in went into the oven!

I hope you give it a go and please let me know how you went!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!