Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

Stuffed Phoenix

Hi everyone!

As this week I have not done any shopping (shock, horror, gasp!) and I did do much cooking (nothing worth  posting about) I thought I'd put up a post of one of my favourite restaurants of all time. 

Welcome to PHOENIX!



I was first introduced to Phoenix by my sister who used to go with her close colleagues for special occasion lunches or just because they 'felt like' it lunches. Phoenix is serves both Yum Cha and A la Carte, usually yum cha is served from morning until lunch then for dinner service they turn into A la Carte and the seating arrangements are changed to a more traditional restaurant setting. 


I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never eaten at a Chinese restaurant let alone yum cha before.
I'm always up to try something new so I was very excited!


Seeing as this is not my first time I was very familiar as to what I wanted. I go all out on prawns when I go yum cha. I particularly love the steamed prawn dumplings and the fried calamari YUM! I ate so much I couldn't open my eyes...



Mango pancakes, oh how I love you! I would marry you if I could. These babies are the most delicious deserts you could ever eat, that is if you're a lover of mangoes, cream and...pancakes.
The moment you bite into one of these beauties sends electricity through your body. The mix of soft pancake, rich cream and cold mango just melts in your mouth and suddenly you're in a place that only dreams are made of.
I won't be shy, I will admit that I ate one plate (i.e two pancakes) of these tantalizing creations. I could however do more but thought my heart would hate me if I did.

So if any of you guys are in Sydney go look up your closest Phoenix and stuff yourself with Chinese goodness!

Until next time my lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!